FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Sunday, December 20, 2009

On 2 the Next

I wrote this when a collection of songs came through on my i-pod. John legend -its over, Jay-z-on to the next & Drake- Brand new. This is what happened


Didn't I tell you that I'm on to the next
So why do you keep calling & sending this 3 am text

Its serious huh? I guess its cuz I'm never around
Which means I guess you really should've held me down
Instead we are over like when the movie credits come around

So why do u still wanna hear my voice?
We're done & you baby girl made that choice

Its on you or blame it all on me
I couldn't take this situation to a further degree
Cuz its either you or me
But instead you listen to he & she
So what about your husband to be?
That's why I gotta keep it G
When I say that you could never be for me
what I needed you to be

So I write & I write until this pen bleeds
& my poetic words kind of form a bitter sweet symphony

But I guess that's just how the players play
So we just gamble love on the crap table till the dealer says walk away

Let's us say the game is over & the night is cold
So please stop hitting me up, this game is getting old

No new story needs to be retold of what happened & how It went
Cuz selective memory is running rampid like the flu & it really needs to quit

But at the end of the day when the sun sets
I'm gonna just repeat myself & tell you I'm on to the next

-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment