FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Friday, February 19, 2010

LOOKING IN

I'm constantly on the outside lookin in
motivated to eat success & determined to digest a win
cause by now Its either sink or swim
&
at this point my actions place my back against the wall
so I have no choice but to go out & ball
see back when the gates of hell opened up, I smiled at them all

cause these demons of mine are really the worst of the worst
but I look to my talent & blame it as a gift & a curse
league of extraordinary gentlemen I'm knighted as 1 of the 1st

but my smooth manners & my unique sense to dress
will not take my dreams alone & impress
any casting director or EP in which I need to finesse
so I just count on the fact that I'm 1 of the last that's left

which for me works out as being best
I'm bubbling in "C" on the scantron when it comes 2 life's test
so out of respect of that alone I'm truly blessed
& I say this prayer to God until my unrest

"Please Dear Lord teach me whatever is that's left because my faith in you allows me to fell better than the rest"

& after my prayer I lay down my head a rest
& after each night & day I talk to him just to confess

we talk about my patience & my sins
until I can come to grips with it, I'm stuck on the outside looking in.

-Darrin Elliot

2 comments:

  1. truly something that i absolutely guarantee will be in a book or a song or something in between. Definitely speaks volumes about your character man. Thank you for sharing this. its writings like this that will make you what you want to be, and from what i see my man..its the beginning of a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciated. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete