FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Sunday, December 11, 2011

L O R I



This one is for the apple of my eye, the queen of my heart, the worlds most precious person, my mother. I can never repay her for the sacrifices that she has done for me, yet I do hope that I can make an attempt to pay homage to a living legend. Not even in her twenties is when she took on the role & life of being a mother, & that is when my life began. Since then for the past 23 years, she has only shown me unwavering support, constant life lessons & insurmountable love.

When I felt as if the whole world left me isolated & cold, she was there to make me feel important & warm. When I thought I was inadequate at something, or not smart enough, she made me feel as if I was best qualified as well as educated. She has been the only person to stand by me 110 percent even when I'm wrong, she's there to correct it.
She never judges me nor anyone else for that matter, the way she has the ability to accept people for who they are is really a gift from God. This is displayed by her vast amount of friendships she has with people from every walk of life. I'm serious she has friends from every where. Whether in corporate, entertainment, political, religious, urban, race, age or intellect my mother has a friend who fit those variety of stereotypes. Again a gift from God.

No Oedipus or Bobby Boucher complex but I honestly feel as if my mother is the most beautiful & intelligent woman on earth, inside & out. One character trait of hers I wish to someday posses is her resilience. Her unmatched display of always "Rolling with the punches" is remarkable & that alone sets her in a class apart. To be able to be faced with an upbringing as hers, deal with the drama me & my sister Lauren have gave her over the years, as well maintain a profession is Law is insane. Yet she does it so effortlessly. This woman is the best chef that I know, has a great sense of humor & is a huge football fan! Now besides her resilience I would also love to obtain her consistency.

Even now at the age of 23 I deal with inconsistency from anyone I share my heart to, except my mother. Which in turn often takes a while for my heart to reach full maturation in one being, when I need help my mother is there to guide me. Whether its an issue with a family member, a close friend or even the one I do see myself growing with, my mother is there to give me unbiased opinion & give me priceless insight on to what is what. I love her for that.

Yes, she bugs me, & when I 1st moved out the house she hated me for a day, then continued to call me everyday & annoy the crap out of me from then on. It's funny because I guess we really do have a best friend relationship more so than a mother & son relationship. For that I want to someday give her the world & everything in it. When I told her I booked my first audition, or even when I told her I wanted to be a writer, she looked at me & said "Son you can do it, I'm the goose who laid the golden egg". Swag. Maybe the closeness in age is what makes us so tight, or maybe In fact it is a gift from God. Either way this is my N.F.L. "N•gga. For Life."

We've had ups & downs like most parents & children do, however her resilience always out shined whatever we were going through. Never have we been mad at each other over something on something for far too long. She's my therapist, & helps me rid my negative ways. I'm sometimes jealous, I'm vindictive, I'm not open & I am hard to read. Those are some of my flaws as well & traits however those are traits she doesn't seem to possess & yet we still mesh well. Each day she is still shaping me to become more & more of a better man, & I'm forever in her debt for this.

The amount of love I possess in my heart for this woman is indescribable. She's Jordan I'm Pippen. She's Mike Ditka & I'm sweetness. She is Cus D'Amoto and I am Tyson to simplify it, that is the relationship that we share & will only continue to share. Something that of a dream team. Because as she always says "Teamwork makes the dream work"

This post isn't to rub it in & say that my mother is better than yours, nor is it to say I love my mother more than anyone else. Its to share my thoughts and views of an extraordinary woman & its to simply say "Hey mom, I love you" simple as that.

-Darrin Elliot.

No comments:

Post a Comment