FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Grand Poem


So this one was inspired by my grandmother, my ace. Now a lot of guys have a label, like one could be a pretty boy,a jock, a banger or etc. in my case I guess Im a grandmas boy. She is truly awesome & I believe she is one of the most influential people in my life. When I fell in love with writing she was there & she supported me through & through. She viewed subject matter that i would write in which wasn't so pleasing for a grandma to read from her little baby. So this came short after..

I need to write a poem that I can let me grandma see
Where simile's & metaphors come off so eloquently
The poem my grandma says "look what Dj wrote about me"
The content must be rich oh yea and curse word free
So the kind of poem that I think I want to write about
Well I guess this poem is to tell what my grandma's all about
1st off my grandma is the type that is very indescribable
She is very beautiful, intelligent and very hospitable
She can make you smile laugh and even sometimes dance
And no matter what she will always retell stories of her past
She can be very animated and always the life of the party
I get it from her, so back when I did it in class I just said im sorry
She loves the little things like when the family is happy together
My grandma is a true blessing to me & she is in my heart forever
And hands down Jan 14th is the most important day of the year
She writes down all the gifts, calls, & cards & always sheds a tear
The caring & loving endearment that she has shown to me
Will be the same exact kind that I want to pass to my own family
Her dream is for Don & I to take her to church & out to eat
Like that's the kind of dream that is only born out of unique
She always taught me that when life gets you down never frown
Simply set your problems face on and then turn them around
She is super duper anal about her own house & the way its kept
Like she will know if any 1 object moves over an inch to the left
At times I might get busy because of course life itself gets crazy
But never has my grandma stopped being my number 1 lady

-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment