FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Thursday, December 10, 2009

November 4th, 2008



























To spend the first 21 years of your life as a black man growing up in California, then see president Obama make history, it touched you emotionally. I mean the feeling was indescribable, like a once in a lifetime event happened right in front of your eyes. To be apart of it my self was somewhat overwhelming, I knew my voted counted, I had a voice. So this one was written as I celebrated his victory with the rest of my people.

Welcome to the good life is what Kanye said to me
And we now see Mr. Obama gain that house in DC

History & himself just lit a fire inside of me
Inspiration & dedication are vessels in which motivate me

Become the best above of the rest & self proclaim my fresh
Simply blessed from east to west as we witnessed what's next

A dream manifested into reality &
actuality due to his intellect & punctuality

As I wipe the joyful tears from my eyes I stand with pride
For a naked man wearing only dreams is nothing to ever hide

Historical & controversial turned out to be a role reversal
While black & white switched, without a dress rehearsal

I smile when I think about the new black mans position
How history books will now undergo an immediate revision

As I listen to an elders vision & say a dream has come true
November 4th the sun was shining & the sky was just too blue

Speaking of the sky they say that its the limit
So if u have a dream I suggest you go out & get it

Because look at him he did it, we are people far from meek
They say difficulty takes a day, impossible takes a week

-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment