FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Personal ART

I would have to say as an Artist I love art, like seriously love it. In the form of art a lot of my writing is purely art however some of my work may be personal and touch me in some way shape or form, and be directly or indirectly about myself. This one could be considered one of those poems.

Why do u assume someone else is better than me?
Fuck I thought I was your son until I D-I-E?
Like didn't we come from the same family tree?
& aren't you here to help motivate & navigate me?
I guess I just chuck deuces at the word destiny
Cuz I'll be damned if you fill my heart with negativity
When I know my soul is full of creativity
So what if I didn't pursue football & a better college degree
Your the sorry excuse of a parent who loves conditionally

Yea I fuckin said it when you say father I often laugh
Makes me be like damn can he even spell the word dad

Well like I said I laugh cuz its all apart of my past
& I'm built ford tough like I was made to last
So let's just rearrange the looking Glass
head back to the future while having a blast
Just smirk while the crowd holds their breath & gasp
As I finesse the finishing move with skill & make my big splash

& honestly I just Feel like no one could ever berate me
Cuz if it ever boils down to pure talent then I'm alone greatly
So never mistake me
Nor underrate me
You fuckin asshole understand that no one is better than me.

-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment