FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

LEGENDARY ART


Now one of my favorite artist, the one who introduced me to art, is Jean-Michel Basquiat. My mother took me to MOCA in Downtown Los Angeles back in 2005 and right then and there I fell in love with his work. I thought each & every single one of his works were epic in a sense of revolution and really bringing the best out of Neo-Expressionism. Now for those of you who are art majors and want to debate his works of being more glorified due to Andy Warhol's celebrity I would only disagree. I can tell you the difference between notoriety and talent and Basquiat's Works were definitely talented. This guy defined Neo-Expressionism and remember Neo- Expressionist paintings were more concerned with displaying spontaneous emotion rather than traditional conventions. This man was ahead of his time and as they do say the good die young. We are forever left with his work and hopefully we can come to appreciate it. This video is a clip from an upcoming documentary about his life that I will surely have to snatch up, hope you enjoy.

-Darrin Elliot



No comments:

Post a Comment