FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Monday, March 1, 2010

PASSION FOR THE GAME

So let me break down my love & passion for the art of Drama & Acting. Now throughout the majority of my life I've been considered a jock, the guy who only loves sports & loves to play them. Today I'm still that same man however the "only" part is dropped. Around 2 years ago I feel in love with a new found passion which became acting. My chiropractor & former agent introduced me to an opportunity to do a modelling gig for nike. I made the audition & the next week I was on set.

Now from this moment I seen & tasted a glimpse of spotlight. It was addictive. As well as also being very natural so again another audition came up this time for a jordan commercial. I made the audition & the addiction only grew & the passion only intensified. Now there is nothing more liberating that liberation itself, & when in character you lose sight of self. You as a person no long have emotions or personality, you simply channel a perception you have of that character & hopefully the casting director, director, producers, script supervisor & your fellow cast & crew agree with your efforts & performance. It take a lot, but that's what I'm willing to give.

My form of formal training you ask me? I have none, I simply read & tirelessly study actors & training books. I believe passion & determination alone can get you anywhere aside from that I am also going to be working with coaches in the near future. Hopefully I'm right & I can get on my grind, the way that I want to. The only person standing in my way is me, so in that regard alone I'm definitely going all out.

The road to the top always starts from the bottom so, with that being said I have a long way to go, & I love & look forward to the challenges in which await me.

-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment