FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Saturday, March 20, 2010

LOVE ON PAUSE

I honestly didn't mean for you to feel this way,
But all of a sudden your leaning into love like your on a segway
& I'm a programmed that a player just continues to play
So could we ever be serious together? Naw No way
I mean believe me when I say
That your almost damn near perfect in every single way
Just not perfect for me, ok?

Well let me put it to you like this,
I can't commit to anything right now, except working on my gift
& I know I did my part to make your feelings shift
But I didn't want your heart to be all in the mix
& damn that's where I guess one could say "Darrin is the shit"

So I'm not feelin myself when I say u don't kno what love is
Love is 24/7 dedicated to makin it in show biz
That's an accomplishment I need to work on, not wifey & kids
So just feel me when I say I never wanted any of this

Hell shoot
I just figured you were mad cute
Plus bomb personality now we're clicking together like 2 champange flutes
& I'm not 1 to water down lust but it taste a little dilute
But instead we stay covered all over it like a highway pursuit

So news coverage & weather reports couldn't predict this flood
& I just believe I'm dating while you tell me "Im in love"

"Ok that's cool I would always want you to do you & enjoy ur boo"
She smiles & says "no silly I'm in love with you"
Damn now what's a player like me to do?

I guess I have to finesse this mess & place you in the rear
Cuz I know my dreams are pretty clear
I just have to say good bye to you my dear
So please don't shed those tears
Since I am saving you from a fear
But look if u ever wanna talk about it understand that I'm hear
Any issues u need going through u can always use my ear
No matter what u could at least rely on me as a close peer
So just look at it like this a new beginning is near

-Darrin Elliot

1 comment:

  1. A true artist, you use language to create amazing works of art. Every word matters like every brush-stroke in a painting. Its a beautiful gift to be able to transform your experiences, knowledge, and desires into poetry that touches anyone who reads it... that may be broad but I can definitely say it touches me. Keep up the great work your blessed and destined for greatness.
    Your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete