FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HONESTLY

YEA THIS ONE IS PERSONAL, HOPE YOU ALL RESPECT & ENJOY IT.


The lights don't glow the way they use to
& that's the opposite of what we want it to be
No matter what I could do as of now
You still deserve someone better than me

& that's the realist shit I could ever speak from my soul,
I mean by now both you & I being single is getting kind of old

Its been some years since you & I were once one
Speaking of our future together & talks of our unborn son
Man all that shit was fun
But reality sunk in & it looks like a lot of my dreams are done

So with that being said it hurts to see what should've been go
I never wanted us to take it this slow
some years past & our 05 mind frame just didn't seem to grow
you just deserve better & I thought I should let you know

You're a child of God family woman college student whose educated
While I'm a rolling stone sinner whose soul is degraded
& there is even no need to go about & debate it
See this was a hard choice to grip with & I've already made it

You're probably thinking to yourself

After Everything you've ever done & now I pull this treason
Hell you even helped me out when it was a harsh Autumn season
But trust me babe I have a pretty damn good reason

See you deserve someone much better than me
That's why I gotta let my caged bird soar away & be free
That way you can provide much better for He
Either God or you're new love they deserve it much more than me
See this is something where I just gotta keep it G
I just hope you're eyes are open & you can fully see
That Ima always love you I just got to let you be

& Ima be Ima be, Ima Ima Ima be on top never stop
& you will always be the 1st one to ever have my heart on lock
high school sweetheart who took my fears & placed em in a box

Just make sure you never forget about us
& even that one time you surprised me on the bus

Or the one time I spent the night & just held you near my chest
& the very next morning your breakfast you made was the best

Or maybe when it all started the night in the hotel
We talked until the morning came & we were like oh well

See those memories are always going to be near & dear to me
Yet the fact still remains the same,
You deserve someone better than me

-Darrin Elliot

1 comment:

  1. This is a really beautiful poem. You placed yourself in very vulnerable position and just spoke from the heart. You kept it real with yourself as well with your readers. So no other choice but to respect these words. Nice...

    ReplyDelete