FILM, MUSIC, FASHION, ART & INTELLECT.

Aspiring writer, film maker, & sports enthusiast.
This is my vision, my life & my journey.
You can enjoy the ride or you can bounce.
Hope you all follow a dream, but most importantly follow your HEART.
M A J O R H O U S E .

Saturday, March 6, 2010

UNDISPUTED BEST








I miss raw talent, I miss originality & I miss honesty. With that being said let me pause for a second for I am about to morn.

Yes I miss the greatest to ever do it, & the best to ever inspire. The one & only Tupac Shakur.

Now I am a die hard Biggie, Jay Z, Andre 3000, & Eminem fan, I think those are some of the most talented guys to ever grace a mic. However when it comes to myself, Darrin Elliot I believe that Tupac is the one who I can relate to the most. Of recently I've been looking at a lot his work & a man who passed away 14 years ago is now a mentor of mine. His attitude & work ethic are now things in which drive me to do great things & use my God giving abilities to not only to artistically enrich our world but to also inspire others. So how does a man who passes away over a decade ago still hold relevance to today's Hip-Hop culture? Well for starters his raw honesty set precedence & its definitely something in which is lacking in artist of now. But wait here's this new comer Drake.

Now don't get me wrong I'm a drake fan as of now, but dude still has a lot to prove. The main thing about pac that separates him from other artist is his work ethic & his ability to speak on every topic.. From "dear mama" to "hit em up" and even "life goes on" he was able to not only speak on every topic but yet also feel his passion & love for all his songs.

In closing we live in a dull era of hip-hop/rap where mediocrity runs rapid. I fully doubt that there will ever be another tupac, yet I myself aspire to become a poet as big as he. Not a rapper, not a MC yet another poet another artist. He will forever motivate & inspire me like no other one could.

"My music is not for everyone. It's only for the strong-willed, the [street] soldiers music. It's not like party music- I mean, you could gig to it, but it's spiritual. My music is spiritual. It's like Negro spirituals, except for the fact that I'm not saying 'We shall Overcome.' I'm saying that we are overcome." -2pac


-Darrin Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment